Heating and cooling your home could account for as much as half of the total electricity used. Timely maintenance is important in keeping your Air Conditioning running at peak performance and making a smart decision about your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a large impact on your utility bill.
An air conditioner is a very tough piece of equipment. It is engineered to withstand all sorts of abuse and keep on running. This is great, but it can lead to complacency about maintenance. The best way to help avoid costly repair bills and get more life out of your air conditioning system is to have your system cleaned and maintained by EAST TN HVAC & PLUMBING, Inc. A little known fact is, if you have a home warranty, regular maintenance is required!
Just like your car, your air conditioning and heating system needs regular maintenance. You can pay your auto mechanics a little now for routine service, or pay them a lot later for a major repair. You can avoid costly repairs and keep your air conditioning and heating system running its best with East TN HVAC & Plumbing’s comprehensive maintenance program.
A majority of breakdowns are due to either a dirty indoor evaporator coil or a dirty outside condenser coil. Dirty coils are a big factor in causing compressors and fan motors to go bad, Dirty coils also lower your systems’ efficiency, causing a higher electric bill and contribute to clogging the condensate line. That is why utility companies and the manufacturer of your equipment recommend that maintenance be done on your A/C system every 6 months.
HERE ARE 7 THINGS ABOUT OUR PREVENITIVE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
1. One reason people avoid routine maintenance to their HVAC system is the” expected high cost”. Many homeowners wait until their home air conditioner won’t cool or their furnace won’t ignite before they call their HVAC service company. Now, not only do they have to typically pay more for repair or replacement than they would have for regular maintenance but may find themselves waiting around on the hottest or coolest day of the year when their service company is backed up with so many other calls. As a Silver Service Plan Preferred Customer, you can have your HVAC system put on a schedule of having the A/C serviced 2 times per year saving money and time and you will receive priority scheduling. Regular maintenance will pay for itself in lower repair costs and more efficient operation.
2. Without regular maintenance your air conditioner loses about 5% of it’s original efficiency for each year of operation. The 13 SEER unit that you bought just a few years ago may be functioning like a 10SEER unit today! The good news is that you can recover most of that lost efficiency through regular maintenance. Studies show that with regular tune ups a unit will maintain up to 95% of it’s original efficiency. This means that the cost of an annual tune up is recovered very quickly in savings on your monthly electric bill and reduced repair costs. A properly serviced air conditioner will also do a better job of dehumidifying your home.
3. Most manufacturers require routine maintenance in order to validate the warranty. East TN HVAC & Plumbing’s comprehensive maintenance will protect you from major system repairs and maintain your Manufacturer’s warranty.
4. As an East TN Silver Service Plan member, you can add several years (3-5 years in some cases) to the life of your heating and air conditioning system. Not only will you Increase the efficiency during its lifetime but you actually add years to your unit. As a member, you will receive two precision tune-ups, professional cleanings and safety inspections per year to provide a comfortable, energy efficient and safe indoor environment.
5. Preferred Customers will receive service to include:
- Clean or replace standard air filters
- Inspect and clean burner assemblies and chemically clean coils
- Inspect primary and secondary drains
- Clean and test condensate drain
- Inspect and test high and low voltage controls
- Inspect blower components; clean and/or adjust as necessary
- Lubricate all moving parts (where applicable)
- Inspect and tighten all loose electrical connections
- Monitor air conditioner operating pressures for proper refrigerant charge;
- Monitor voltage and amperage draw on all motors
- Monitor air conditioning and heating cycles
- Inspect heat exchanger and burners; vacuum and/or adjust as necessary
- Adjust gas pressure as necessary
- Inspect pilot operation; adjust as necessary
- Monitor flue draft for safe operation
- Inspect and test safety controls
- check &/or Adjust air flow for proper temperature rise
- Inspect heat anticipator settings
- Inspect thermostat operations
- Inspect for cracked heat exchanger
6. Benefits of being an East Tennessee HVAC & Plumbing, Inc. Preferred Customer
- Priority customer status
- 10% discount on repair parts
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- No overtime charge
- Improved efficiency and reduced energy costs
- Extended equipment life
- Improved safety
- Improved capacity
- Inflation protection
- Reduce the risk of costly breakdowns
7. Our safety inspection of your system will detect issues that can become a fire and carbon monoxide hazard, causing a health risk or even death. Holes in your system’s heat exchanger or firebox can leak carbon monoxide or allow flames that are normally contained inside the system to reach your living space causing a potentially dangerous situation. A typical maintenance check-up will include tightening all electrical connections and measuring the voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.